Sunday, November 19, 2006


RunNING!

The above picture is not remarkable for its poor focus, or, unbelieveable though it is, for the strikingly handsome subject matter. The photo, taken after I went running outside for 40 minutes, is noteworthy for what is lacks.

Sweat. There is no sweat at all on the front of my shirt, proof that we are finally moving into the "cool" season. Now, lest you mistake Bangkok for a tropical paradise, cool season is still really freaking hot. The highs this week have been over 100F, as hot as it has been since I arrived. However, the humidity has dropped to more tolerable levels, and it makes all the difference.

I already liked it here, even when it was 100% humidity, even when the streets were flooded during rainy season downpours, even when I had to peel plastic stools off of my backside after meals on the street. So it's good that "cool" season weather won't last forever, because if it did, I might never leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home